Friday, July 9, 2010

Frozen Bananas 101








Slice the bananas.














Hold the chopstick over the banana, to plot your angle of attack.
















Impail the banana, but not in an executioner way, more gently so you don't split the poor banana.























Slice the skin a little so it is easy to peel.






















Naked banana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















Place in a zipper bag, or Tupperware, but who has enough room in their freezer for a container!? Freeze them on a middle shelf. In my freezer, the top shelf is too cold, and freezes them together.

9 comments:

  1. A tip: bamboo skewers don't work well for this. Don't ask how I know this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, very true, chopsticks are the ish, the kids have plenty of space to hold them without freezing their hands too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, you will be the perfect blogger! So excited to follow. I wish I had read this a few months ago when I tried freezing bananas for the first time and left the peels on assuming they would come off just as easily while frozen. They don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, i need to make these for Vada....what a perfect summer treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm.....I'm not sure why my thumbnail is following you twice, once with my name, right at the top of your site?!?! sorry about that, I don't know how to get my name off of there?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the blog! You always are a wealth of information!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bruinhoya;) , why no bamboo skewers? Is there an issue other than the kid poking himself in the face when he is eating it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, we didn't get as far as poking anyone in the face. =) The skewers were too sharp and pointy, and the bananas kept splitting in half. Lotsa wasted bananas (and skewers!).

    I don't know why it says bruinhoya instead of Jennifer, by the way. It says Jennifer at the top right hand corner under "followers," so I'm stumped!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, we're going to try making these tonight using recycled corn dog sticks. Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete